Warm Green Goddess Rice Bowl (GF)
serving size: 1 bowl
1/2 cup cooked brown rice
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1 shallot, minced
1 handful kale, stalk removed and leaves chopped
1 small handful baby spinach
3 slices of halloumi, sliced
1/2 ripe Avocado
- Cook the rice according to its package. I like to use the microwaveable pouches available at Trader Joe’s to save time. Plus, it yields PERFECTLY cooked rice in 3 minutes.
- You will need two frying pans on the go at once. Place some coconut oil in both pans.
- In one frying pan, add the garlic, and cook until fragrant. Place the kale and spinach in and saute in the pan till just soft. You want it to just start to pop in green color. Remove the pan from the heat and arrange on your plate/bowl.
- In your other pan, place your halloumi in and turn once it become golden and soft. Keep the halloumi off to one side on the pan, and use the other side to fry your egg.
- Arrange your bowl, green mix on the bottom egg and halloumi, I serve mine with a wedge of lemon and avocado on the side.