SIMPLE MUSHROOM PASTA + NUT-FREE PESTO (GF)
- 8 oz gluten-free pasta
- 4 tbsp butter or coconut oil
- 16 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated or shaved
- 1 1/2 cups basil
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup shredded parmesan
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cook the gluten-free pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, combine all the nut-free pesto ingredients (ingredients 5-10) in a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Heat the butter/coconut oil over medium heat in a wide skillet. Add the mushrooms and saute for 8-10 minutes, until the mushrooms are a deep golden brown. Add the gluten-free pasta to the pan and stir to combine, adding Parmesan, salt, pepper, and fresh thyme or other herbs to taste.
- Pour gluten-free pasta into bowls and top with a generous spoonful of the nut-free pesto OR stir the pesto directly into the pasta.
- Enjoy with a smile!