4-6 tablespoons of coconut oil
1-2 cups of vegetables (I used a combo of zucchini, asparagus and tomatoes)
1/2 onion diced
1-2 garlic cloves minced
fresh herbs and spices of your choice (I just used dried thyme and turmeric)
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Meanwhile in a cast-iron skillet, saute the onion and garlic in a tablespoon of coconut oil over medium heat. After about 3 minutes add the remaining oil and your choice of vegetables. Start with the denser vegetables like then add in the other veggies, except the tomatoes. Saute the vegetables over medium heat for about 5 minutes (I like mine still crisp). Season the vegetables with salt and herbs.
- Whisk the eggs together then pour the eggs over the vegetables, making sure they spread evenly over the veggies.
- Scatter tomatoes over the top of the egg and veggie mixture.
- Now place the saute pan in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes or you can continue to cook over the stove on medium low for 15-20 minutes.
- Top the frittata with anything you want! I like using hot sauce. 😉