I have finally found the perfect substitute for hot wings that vegetarians can eat! This recipe was amazing and is a real crowd pleaser – perfect for parties or a dinner with friends. I made mine vegan, but you do not have to… it was just a little experiment of mine. I hope you try it! 🙂
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 cup garbanzo bean flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. Earth Balance butter (or regular butter or ghee)
- 2/3 cup hot sauce (I only use Frank’s Red Hot… it’s the best)
- Preheat oven to 450F. In a medium size bowl, combine flour, water, garlic powder and salt.
- Whisk together until smooth. Toss cauliflower into batter making sure to coat each piece completely, then place battered cauliflower on a lightly greased, non-stick baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, tossing half way through.
- In the meantime, combine melted butter and hot sauce in a large bowl, stirring. When cauliflower is done, remove it from the oven and gently toss it in the hot sauce mixture. Place cauliflower back on the baking sheet and cook for an additional 25 minutes or until it becomes crispy. Allow cauliflower to cool for 15 minutes before serving. Serve with your favorite creamy dressing.
Ranch Dressing (GF)(V)
- 1 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup unsweetened soymilk
Whisk all ingredients together and chill before serving. Add a little more soy milk if you need to thin dressing.