- 1 gluten-free pizza crust (I used Udi’s, but I plan on making my own pretty soon!)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup shredded smoked mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 pound broccoli crowns (about 1 cup), cut into small pieces
- 1 small Meyer lemon, sliced thin and cut into quarters
- Pinch or two crushed red pepper flakes
- Pinch of salt (I used smoked salt because I am OBSESSSED.)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil and garlic.
- If you are using your homemade or store-bought dough: drizzle a little olive oil onto a baking sheet and spread it around. Pat and stretch the dough into a 10-inch round and place on the baking sheet. If you are using a frozen pizza crust: plop it down on a baking sheet and get to work.
- Brush some of the garlic and olive oil mixture onto the crust.
- Evenly lay the onion slices over the top.
- Scatter the cheese over the onions.
- Place the broccoli in a medium bowl and drizzle the remaining olive oil mixture over the top. Toss well until the broccoli pieces are coated with the oil.
- Spread the broccoli evenly over the pizza. Top with the lemons. Sprinkle with the crushed red pepper flakes and a pinch of salt.
- Bake for 8 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the broccoli is tender with a few brown bits here and there. (Note: If you are using your own pizza dough, bake the pizza foe 10-12 minutes.
- I like to flip on the broiler for a minute or two to get a nice golden crust, but this step is totally optional.
- Slice and serve.