I just realized how pasta-heavy my posts have been recently. I guess I just feel into the pasta rut with my busy schedule as of late – but that’s no excuse for my lack of creativity! I am going to revamp my food planner later today and make sure there are fewer pasta dishes.
This recipe can be made in 20 minutes and is absolutely delicious (and cheap to make too)!
Roasted Red Pepper Pasta (GF)
- 12 ounces, gluten-free pasta (I used rotini)
- 2 Tablespoons Butter (I used Earth Balance Vegan Spread)
- 2 Tablespoons EVOO
- ½ whole Large Onion, Finely Diced
- 3 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 jar (15.5 Ounces) Roasted Red Peppers, Drained And Roughly Chopped
- 1 cup Vegetable Broth
- ½ teaspoons Salt, More To Taste
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- ½ cup milk or soy milk
- ½ cup Parmesan Shavings or Rice Dream Vegan Parmesan
- Finely Minced Parsley
- Chopped Fresh Basil
- Cook pasta in salted water according to package directions.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions and garlic and saute for 2 to 3 minutes or until starting to soften. Add the chopped red peppers and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until hot.
- Remove the skillet from the heat. Carefully transfer the contents of the skillet to a food processor or blender. Place on the lid and puree the pepper mixture until totally blended (there will still be some texture to the peppers.)
- Heat 2 tablespoons EVOO back to the skillet over medium heat. Pour the pepper puree back into the skillet. Add the broth, salt, and pepper, and stir until heated. Splash in the milk and stir to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings if you need to.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the skillet. Add Parmesan and parsley & basil, then stir it together to coat the pasta.
- Serve in bowls with extra Parmesan and a sprinkling of basil on top.