First off, I want to apologize for such a poor quality photo – office lighting doesn’t make anything look particularly great. This yummy recipe suitable for breakfast or as a dessert was pulled from Vegetarian Times Magazine. I was super happy to stumble upon this recipe since Sprouts had a sale on nectarines for $.48/lb – I couldn’t pass up that deal. Plus, it’s summer! Nectarines are delicious by themselves or in an icy pitcher of Sangria. Okay, I need to remember it’s only Wednesday – not even close to it being appropriate to jump into weekend mode.
To be quite honest, my baking skills are sub-par and I did not expect this to come out as well as it did. The whole loaf was gone within 2 days. I also feel the need to point out that I was not the only person who inhaled this within that time – I had a little help.🙂
Banana Nectarine Bread (GF)
Recipe makes 1 loaf or 8 slices
- 1 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 large banana, mashed
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 3 large nectarines, peeled and pitted, 2 cut into ½-inch dice, 1 cut into 8 wedges each
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 1-qt. loaf pan with cooking spray.
2. Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in large bowl. Beat egg in separate bowl, then whisk in milk, followed by bananas and melted butter. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture until just combined. Fold in diced nectarines.
3. Pour batter into the loaf pan. Arrange nectarine wedges in row, smooth side up, down center of each loaf. Bake 30 to 40 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.