- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon finely grated orange zest
- 1/4 cup gluten-free soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon hot chili sauce or sriracha
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound extra firm tofu, weighted, drained, and cubed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound broccoli florets
- Bean sprouts to garnish
- In a bowl, whisk cornstarch and warm water. Add orange juice and zest, soy sauce, rice vinegar and hot chili sauce. Reserve.
- Steam broccoli for 2-3 minutes until broccoli turns bright green but is still very firm.
- Heat oil in a very large nonstick pan or wok over medium-high heat. Add tofu to pan and cook, browning on all sides, about 6-8 minutes total. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add broccoli and orange sauce and stir to combine. Cook until sauce begins to bubble and reduces slightly, an additional 2-3 minutes. Plate the entree, top with bean sprouts and serve with rice.