Dan Dan Rice
- 2 ounces gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 ounce cooking wine
- 1 teaspoon vegetarian oyster sauce (recipe)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 7 ounces veggie stock
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chili paste
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 ounce minced green onion
- 1/2 block drained, plain tofu (for veggies) or 4 ounces cooked ground chicken (for meat-eaters)
- 14 ounces cooked egg noodles
- bean sprouts
- julienne cucumber
- Combine all sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Cook rice according to package or internet directions. I like to cheat and use the frozen rice is venting bags from Trader Joe’s and Sprouts. All you need is 3 minutes in the microwave to perfectly cooked rice.
- Heat 2 woks. Add one teaspoons of oil to each. Sear chili paste, garlic, and minced green onion for 5 seconds to release flavors.
- Add tofu to one pan and cooked ground chicken to other and sear, stirring and tossing for 5 to 10 seconds.
- Add sauce mixture and simmer for 20 seconds.
- Thicken proteins and sauce with a mixture of corn starch and water (equal parts). Consistency should be a very thick sauce to stand on top of the noodles. Pour over center of rice.
- Garnish with bean sprouts and julienne cucumbers.