Tempeh Fajita Stack
- 4 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 to 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 to 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 to 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 package tempeh (vegetarian)/ 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 medium green pepper, julienned
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 cups cooked brown rice, warmed
- Shredded cheddar cheese, taco sauce, salsa, guacamole and sour cream
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 2 tablespoons oil, lemon juice and seasonings; add the tempeh in one bag and chicken in another. Seal and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1-4 hours.
- In a large skillet, saute peppers and onions in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm.
- Discard marinade. In the same skillet, cook chicken/tempeh over medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes or until no longer pink. Return pepper mixture to pan; heat through.
- Spoon filling onto the rice. Serve with cheese, taco sauce, salsa, guacamole and sour cream.