Summer Pasta with Charred Roma Tomatoes
- 1 lb dried gluten-free pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 small zucchini, grated
- 1 small yellow zucchini, grated
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 roma tomato, sliced and seasoned with salt & pepper
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, to serve
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, following packet directions, until tender.
- Preheat the broiler, and oil a cookie sheet for roma tomatoes, add the tomatoes until crispy (around 3-5 minutes total).
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a small, non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add garlic, zucchini and tomatoes. Cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes or until tender.
- Drain pasta, reserving 2 tablespoons cooking water. Return pasta and reserved water to saucepan. Add zucchini mixture, salt and pepper to pasta. Toss over low heat until heated through. Spoon into bowl. Top with parmesan, broiled tomatoes and serve.