- 8 ounces uncooked gluten-free pasta
- 8 ounces veggie Italian sausage(or real sausage for meat-eaters)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup vertically sliced onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1/4 pounds tomatoes, chopped
- 6 tablespoons grated fresh pecorino Romano cheese, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup fresh arugula leaves
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add sausage and onion to pan; cook 4 minutes, stirring to crumble sausage.
- Add garlic; cook 2 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes; cook 2 minutes.
- Add arugula and remove from heat; stir in pasta, 2 tablespoons cheese, salt, and pepper.