- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 package tempeh, sliced into 1/2 inch cubes or 2 chicken breast, diced for meat-eaters
- 1 tbsp gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- other taco fillings such as lettuce, tomatoes, lime juice
- corn tortillas or taco shells
Sautee the onion in olive oil for 3 to 5 minutes, or until onion is soft.
Add tempeh/chicken, gf soy sauce and cumin. Allow to cook for about five more minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and stir in the cilantro.
Fill your taco shells or tortillas with the protein mixture mixture and top with lime juice, lettuce, tomatoes, salsa or if desired.