I love meals that can be made in under 10 minutes. I also love any meal that incorporates cheese and avocado – can you blame me? Since I’m trying to get myself back into shape for the simply sweltering summer that is a brewing, so my time in the kitchen has been replaced with the gym. Not only do I refuse to ruin my workout with a drive-thru dinner, but I’m also not going to throw a bunch of lettuce on a plate and call it a day.
So, over the weekend I found a cornucopia of yummy recipes that are quick to prepare AND won’t make caloric intake go through the roof.
Enter the Avocado Quesadilla…
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 teaspoon lemon or lime juice (I used lemon)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tortilla
- 1/4 cup grated white cheddar
- Preheat the broiler.
- Mash the avocado with the lemon or lime juice and the salt.
- Cover a cookie sheet with foil. Lay the tortilla down, spread the avocado mixture, sprinkle the cheddar across the surface and pop it into the broiler for 4-5 minutes – or until the cheese is melted and the tortilla takes on a golden hue.
- Cut into wedges and serve immediately. I served mine with a Kale and Spinach salad dressed in EVOO, lemon juice and salt & pepper. Enjoy!