Yes, I realize it seems rather silly to do a “Meatless Mondays” post on a Tuesday, but in my defense, I didn’t have access to computer last night and it was a very late dinner. So, when you’re in a rush, like I was last night – this one-skillet dish is a great go to. Plus, it’s Martha Stewart approved, how can you go wrong?
- 43 ounces canned whole peeled plum tomatoes (I used My Favorite Tomato Sauce)
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 1/2 cups part-skim ricotta cheese, room temperature
- 1 box (12 ounces) no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella, shredded
- 1/4 cup grated pecorino or Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, mix together egg yolk, ricotta, and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Add 3/4 cups of sauce to the skillet and spread sauce evenly. Add a single layer of noodles, breaking them up to fit. Top with half the ricotta mixture, spreading evenly. Follow with a second layer of noodles, then 1 1/2 cups marinara. Add a third layer of noodles, then remaining ricotta mixture. Follow with a final noodle layer, then remaining sauce. Sprinkle mozzarella and pecorino over top.
- Bake lasagna until golden and bubbling, 30 to 35 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.