- 1 block of extra-firm tofu, drained
- 1 tbp. Light Soy Sauce
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 3/4 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp. sesame oil
- Mix all ingredients together in a shallow bowl.
- Once the tofu has drained, slice five 1-inch strips and toss them in the marinade.
- Allow to sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Throw strips on a medium-high heat grill pan and cook for 3 minutes on each side.
Marinated Tomato Salad ingredients:
- 6 to 8 ripe tomatoes
- 4 green onions
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 to 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Handful fresh parsley leaves, lightly chopped
- 12 fresh basil leaves, chiffonade
Marinated Tomato Salad instructions:
- Cut the tomatoes into 4 wedges, then cut the wedges in half and add to a bowl. Lop off the tops of the green onions, then slice the white and mostly light green parts really thin. Add to the tomatoes.
- Add the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, dash of salt and pepper to a jar. Screw on the lid and shake to combine. Pour the dressing over the tomatoes and toss.
- Add the herbs and gently toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate for a couple of hours before serving.
Wilted Spinach with Fried Garlic ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 1 pound spinach, washed and stemmed
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
Wilted Spinach with Fried Garlic instructions:
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and stir until golden, about 30 seconds.
- Add greens in batches, if necessary, and toss until just wilted, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.